BMG® Adventure Motorcycle Jacket
The Adventure Motorcycle Jacket was first designed for the Paris-Dakar Rally and came in KTM's Orange as well as British Blue. This jacket was developed after conducting a round the world survey of what should be included in a true dual sport motorcycle jacket. The removable Hydration System and multiple 2 way vents were a must for the hot desert. Knox Motorcycle Armor for added Protection was also necessary. A fully removable waterproof liner that allowed maximum breathability in the heat while still having the option of going 100% waterproof was also requested. If your next trip is taking you across Africa or Just across town The Adventure Motorcycle Jacket will get you there. The Adventure Motorcycle Jacket is for those who want to experience it all. A versatile motorcycle jacket that is at home in a commuter lane or on the Nullarbor Plain of Australia. When the road ends the Adventurer begins, so get out and ride.
• Multi functional, versatile off-road jacket
• 500 denier nylon outer shell
• For wet weather a throw over, waterproof / windproof shell is included, located in the jacket's back pocket bag
• Drinks system included fitted in upper back pocket bag, can be removed if not required
• A 2 Liter drinks pack can be fitted into the lower back pocket bag (not supplied)
• Pocket facility for shoulder, elbow and back Armour
• Quick-dry mesh lining
• Elbow has Silicon anti-abrasion surface finish with EVA foam inserts inside
• Kidney belt with Eva foam insert
• Detachable mobile phone pocket
•Knox shoulder, elbow armor included exceeds European Standards for CE
•Pocket for Optional Knox Back Armor
•What the Press has to say about the Adventurer Motorcycle Jacket:
"If any company has the right to use the Adventure moniker, it's British Motorcycle Gear. Their quality riding apparel has accompanied motorcyclists to all corners of the earth. True to form, the Adventure Jacket is designed with more than a trip to the corner store in mind. This multi-functional off-road jacket has all the features needed to go almost anywhere". Road Runner Magazine,
"Real Jackets for real riders. The new British Motorcycle Gear Adventurer jacket seems to have been designed for riders who are passionate about their riding. The Adventurer is a hip-length, dual-sport oriented jacket designed especially for warm weather riding. Out on the road. the Adventurer has a comfortable, contoured feel. The cut of the jacket is midway between that of a custom, fitted leather jacket and a full-cut synthetic. The pre-curved sleeves give the Adventurer a natural feel with my hands on the grips. Other than the bit of stiffness I would expect from a good armor inserts, there was no binding nor that odd feeling when the armor is too stiff to conform to the curvatures of the body." BMW Owners News.
• "If any company has the right to use the Adventure moniker, it's British Motorcycle Gear. Their quality riding apparel has accompanied motorcyclists to all corners of the earth. True to form, the Adventure Jacket is designed with more than a trip to the corner store in mind. This multi-functional off-road jacket has all the features needed to go almost anywhere. The 500-denier nylon outer shell should easily stand up to the rigors of the jungle, concrete and natural. Wet weather is no concern as a waterproof throw-over jacket is included and conveniently stored in the outer shell's nifty lower-back pocket. A removable upper-back pocket is designed to hold a 2-liter drink system that's included, a real handy feature for those desert crossings. There are pockets for shoulder, elbow, and back armor and a kidney belt with EVA foam inserts. Just when you think has thought of everything, they jump up and address every adventurer's main concern, getting lost. Yep, a removable pocket for your cell phone is included so that getting found is hopefully only a quick call away. Despite all these bells and whistles, the Adventure is very lightweight and should prove to be quite comfortable over the long haul - just the way has been doing it for years." Road Runner Magazine.
• "Touring clothing needs to be comfortable, maneuverable, and breathable, and above all protect you in case of a spill, on the dirt or the road.
British Motorcycle Gear has developed quite a unique product with its Adventure Jacket and Adventure Trousers, which I just tested out on a Badlands adventure day hosted by Kawasaki on ATVs, UTVs and RUVs in Attica, Indiana.
British Motorcycle Gear The Adventure Jacket and Trousers are extremely light and durable, with protection in all the right places. I felt no restrictions while riding with this clothing; it was warm but not too thick to hinder your movement with some very original features.
For example, they have added a hydration system in the form of a camel bag on your back with a straw leading under your helmet. Cell phone or walkie-talkie holder on your chest, map or direction holder on your wrist and pockets everywhere, all the ideas came from the Adventure being developed for the Paris-Dakar rally.
British Motorcycle Gear This clothing is extremely comfortable. Too many times I have worn riding gear that when you finally get on the bike the trousers ride up your back and pinch, or the jacket is too tight around the shoulders for the position you are riding in. Not this British Motorcycle Gear; it all works in harmony while you throw your bike around or maneuver your ATV across rough terrain. I spent 12 hours wearing it at the Badlands outdoor terrain park, riding various different machines. Kawasaki ATV’s, UTV’s & RUV’s . I did find the waist of the trousers a little loose; even tightening the expansion joints up to their maximum wasn’t tight enough. The jacket and trousers zip together so they didn’t fall down but they were just a little too big. Basically, I needed a belt but there isn’t belt rings around the trousers, only at the back which isn’t enough to hold a belt up. That was only a very minor issue, though.
I got truly soaked throughout the day at the Kawasaki Badlands event, to the extent that the mud caked onto the clothing throughout the day. So when we had finished I had to be “power washed” off and, honestly, I did not get wet inside…this clothing is extremely waterproof.
It’s all priced really rather reasonably also: the gloves are $79.00, Adventure Pants $199.00 and the Adventure Jacket $279.00, so they won’t break the bank.
All round for either road riding or trail riding this gear is very versatile and above all it looks good. Everyone on our event commented about how comfortable it looked and they all kept calling it Belstaff, so what does that tell you, very good quality that looks good at a great price! " AllAboutBikes.com
British Motorcycle Gear Protecting The Café Racer in all of us.