Featured on the cover of Thunder Press/ American Rider, and in Cafe Racer and RoadRunner Magazines, The BMG Legend is the ideal classic cafe racer style jacket, destined for decades of wear and a place of honour in your closet.
The Legend Jacket is made from thick, soft, drum dyed cowhide leather, in black or brown. It is a true testament to the classic look and style of the Ace Cafe of 1950’s London. Don’t be surprised to find that you wear this jacket as much off your bike as on it.
• 1.4 mm drum dyed cowhide.
• The British Motorcycle Gear Legend Jacket comes with the latest Micro Lock shoulder and elbow armour from Knox UK. There is a pocket for optional spine armour.
• Removable WINDTEX thermal liner which maintain warmth and is breathable and Water-Resistant.
• Adjustable flow ventilation system. The four pockets on the front of the Jacket zip open exposing perforated Leather panels for breathability. 2 exhaust vents on the back that are easy to access while riding.
• Pre-curved sleeves with rotated shoulders.
• Action back.
• Snap down touring collar. Double flap front allows for multiple zip and snap options.
• YKK brass zippers.
• Brass snaps.
• Diamond stitching on the shoulders, elbows and lower back.
• Zippered cuffs.
• 2 deep inside pockets for your phone, wallet or valuables.
• Striped silky inner liners to give the jacket a stylish look when worn open.
So I’m loving my new ‘Legend’ jacket –
I spent a lot of time looking for a well constructed black leather jacket with a classic diagonal zipper that had decent internal and external pockets with real armor and that wasn’t a crazy price.
The ‘Legend’ ticks all the right boxes for me – Great construction with quality leather, great pockets, great protection, good fit – me usually 52/42 got a 44 which is a tad long in the arms but great everywhere else and gives me room for something more than a t shirt underneath with the excellent – not too stiff – armor and back protector installed.
Minor Cons? The neck roll could be softer and with 2 snaps for fit; the torso zip out liner could be a little thicker and warmer [feels a bit thin] and the bottom of the main ykk zipper should be covered to stop the possibility of tank scratching – all stuff I can live with ..
Overall I am very happy with my purchase – An excellent practical retro style jacket that will see tons of use on my Bonneville.